The 10 Best Grooming Tips – Gary Sequeira
Men’s grooming is not just about styling but includes everything from achieving the perfect beard to oral hygiene. The following tips will not just make you look great but feel damn good!
1. Limit your washes- Shiny, healthy, and dense hair is a vital element of men’s style. Shampooing your hair quite often can be good if you have a lot of dirt and sweat accumulated in your hair. While on the other hand, it can make your hair look dull and frizzy as the soap in shampoo tends to dry out your hair. The reason behind your unmanageable hair can be washing it too often, so try shampooing it two or three times a week.
2. Opt for a cold shower- We all know how good it feels to take a hot relaxing shower after a stressful day at the office. However, it is not the best for your skin since it removes your natural oils. Most dermatologists suggest turning up the heat in the shower for 5 to 10 minutes then finishing with lukewarm water to close your pores, limiting the water evaporation from your body.
3. Fewer blades can be better- You might have seen uncountable razor advertisements focussing on more number of blades for a clean and a closer shave. And while that is true, guys with more sensitive skin should opt for single-blade disposable razors as it’s less damaging to the skin. A single blade razor is also great for trimming.
4. Shave the back of your neck- This may sound a bit absurd to you but shaving the back of your neck can increase the period between your barber visits. So, it can be an excellent way of saving your money as well as time. For this, get a trimmer and do not forget to use shaving cream on the back to avoid razor burns.
5. Get relief from an itchy beard– Having a well-grown beard has always been a fashion statement. The first time you try to grow a beard, it tends to be extremely coarse and dry. This causes horrible itching that makes most guys give up on the lush beard dream. To solve this all concerning problem condition your beard while washing your hair. Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off while massaging.
6. Substitute your shaving cream- Well, there is no doubt that you can use soap or shaving cream while shaving your beard, they tend to make your beard dry. In place of them, opt for conditioner or cooking oil to make your skin new and supple.
7. For when you don’t have toothpaste- This is a modern man grooming trick that is best in emergencies. We all know that it is not good practice to skip brushing your teeth, so if you find yourself in a crunch and lacking toothpaste use baking soda. This technique helps to whiten and clean your mouth. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with a bit of water and you are set to brush.
8. Groom your nails after the shower — Keeping your nails clean and trimmed is key for men’s grooming. After you take a shower cut your nails with clippers while they are still soft and flexible.
9. Shape your eyebrows — Like other elements of men’s grooming, men need to shape up their eyebrows to maintain an attractive look. Shaping your eyebrows and maintaining them periodically should be a regular part of your grooming and skincare regimen. Often overlooked, a well-shaped eyebrow can dramatically enhance the appearance of your face.
10. Scrub your face — For getting younger and healthier-looking skin you must remove the dead skin from your face with the help of exfoliators. You should scrub your face once a week removing all the grime and dirt. By doing so you smooth out your skin, reduce breakouts, and repair skin cells. Just be careful on what exfoliator you choose as some can be too harsh and cause micro-cuts in your face, so feel free to opt for a chemical exfoliant if you’re a sensitive-skinned man.
These are the ten best men’s grooming techniques that should be followed and practiced regularly by any modern man. Taking care of yourself is not a luxury; it’s a necessity.